Flying with the Dove
& Her Loves

May 14, 2010

February - Saying goodbye to love...



The end of January brought a lot of heartache that would lead my life for the next month. My best friend in the entire world would be leaving on February 24th for two years to serve a mission. I have had a lot of friends come and go in my life but Landon was always there. He was and still is the only person to truly know who I am and what is in my heart. Every night in February before I said goodnight to him, I couldn't help but shed some (a lot of) tears, for I knew that I was one day closer to two years without him. I know it sounds dramatic, but my heart slowly broke to pieces that month. That month we spent every waking moment together and lived life as much as we could. I have never laughed so hard and cried so hard in the same days as I did this month. Hugging him for the last time was so unbearable and I thought that I would never be able to recover after I let him go. I know that everything happens for a reason and I also know that the Lord needs Landon more than I do right now. I know that he will be an amazing missionary and that the people in Samoa will love him. February 2010 was one of the absolute hardest months of my life but it was also one of the very most rewarding and amazing ones too.

No comments:

Post a Comment