Flying with the Dove
& Her Loves

May 14, 2010

April - All the single ladies...


April was when I decided to put myself back out on the dating market. I haven't ever really been single, well since before I was 16 that is. It is so interesting. I didn't know guys could actually like me! I mean I get the occasional smile from a guy and I have plenty of guy friends but that's pretty much it. It has just been so long! This month was full of a few crazy dates and weird experiences with the opposite sex. Dating can be so much fun but it can also be a disaster. I hadn't been on a first date since the summer before my Junior year so I think that is 3 years! I had no idea what to expect. I had so much going through my head. "Do I pay for anything? What is the cheapest thing on the menu? Am I supposed to hold his hand? That was awkward. Please say he doesn't expect me to kiss him. Am I boring him? Am I talking too much? Oh man please don't ask me out on another date." At the end of the day, I would laugh about the awkward moments and the embarrassing things I did. And occasionally I would have a really good date, one that even after you go inside and shut the door, you can't stop smiling...

No comments:

Post a Comment